Sunday, September 27, 2009

More dentistry

First, I'm embarrassed that I haven't blogged since July 19. Pathetic. Not that anyone's desperately hanging on for my next gem....but I really should be diligent for my own good.

I do have tooth news. The root canal didn't take. I bit into a delicious piece of pork crackling while in France (where they are not afraid of animal fat) and the ensuing pain led to dental surgery during which they cut into the gums above the offending tooth to do something (cauterize?) the offending nerve.

I had this done under local anesthetic - the second surgery I've had under local and I realize now that I'd always naively believed that surgeons were very gentle with their patients while operating. Not so. Once the anesthetic takes effect they stab and saw, chop and sew. Its barbaric. Well, almost.

Four days later, the swelling has gone down but I still look like the victim of domestic abuse with black eye and bruised cheek. I hope this procedure takes.

1 comment:

the macmacs said...

Oh no! We are wracked with remorse! That'll teach you to let us lure you to foreign parts... you should have stayed at home with some nice Spam and Snickers. (But it wouldn't have been the same. You paid a terrible price to make us happy, I fear.)