Monday, June 8, 2009

One Year(ish) On

Had annual mammograms on Friday. I got quite anxious waiting around for a doctor to look at them and relay the message back to me that they looked OK. Plus the changing rooms at Providence are the size of small broom cupboards. Talk about claustrophobia. I was glad to learn that they're opening a more swanky diagnostic facility soon.

And I just came back from my 6-month check in with Dr. Bader. Not much to report other than we studied the scar tissue on the mammograms for a while and talked about gardening.

It is, actually, one year almost to the day since I was diagnosed (June 11 to be precise.) I'm trying no to dwell on that. I get a bit emotional if I think about it too much.

But Dr. Bader looked me directly in the eye and told me I'd be fine.

I'm holding him to that.

No comments: